Monument Dedication

The Battle of Trion Factory
Trion (GA) Cemetery
Saturday Morning, September 12, 2009

Camp Badge
 SUVMRC63 Main Page      Photos    Meetings Posted September 18, 2009 
Missionary Ridge Camp #63 was invited by Sons of Confederate Veterans, Chattooga Camp #507 to participate in the monument dedication ceremony in honor of both the Confederate and Union soldiers that fell near here during the Battle of Trion Factory, September 15, 1863.

Several members of our camp proudly stand around the new monument.
Camp 63
SCV Chattooga Camp #507 permanently acknowledged the monument's supporters including our Camp #63.
Monument
They all stand in honor of those buried here.
Participants
All the participants gathered together for a group photo.
Commander Mitchell At left, Camp 507 Commander Dale Mitchell delivered his address. Below, a good crowd watched the day's ceremony.
Audience
Commander Mark Kemp addresses the audience.
Mark Kemp
And, Charlie Engle also spoke appropriate remarks.
Charlie Engle
Members from both Confederate and Union camps created this honor guard and fired several salutes.
Volley Fire
Two replica cannon joined in the salute to the fallen. Here, a James six-pounder discharges a particularily strange array of smoke!
Cannon Fire
Camp Commander Mark Kemp and Camp Commander Dale Mitchell lay a wreath at the new monument.
Wreath Laying
A "new" 35-star U. S. Flag flies high.
35-star Flag
Marker Dedication At left, the new monument describes the action and lists the participating units.

Below, a semi-circle of flags represents the 55 USA dead and the 7 CSA dead buried in this general location of the Trion Cemetery.
Circle of Flags

Volunteer band students from Trion High School provided music for the ceremony.
Trion H.S. Band